DCVS offers Diploma in Elementary Education (D.EL.ED) in accordance with the regulations of State Council of Education Research & Training, Delhi, an autonomous body of Govt., of NCT of Delhi. It is a professional programme. Candidates selected by SCERT for admission, undergo two years of rigorous and exciting educational opportunities for learning and professional growth. The entire designing of programme bases on NCTE guidelines to prepare teachers at the elementary level. As Education is closely linked with many disciplines like philosophy, psychology and sociology, therefore to understand different process of Education, one must have understanding of these disciplines, specially their implications in education. So the entire two years programme is comprises of different categories such as-
- Foundation course and other related areas.
- Pedagogical course in different school subjects.
- School experience programmer (S.E.P.)
- Practical work.
Candidates seeking admission to D.EL.ED must have passed Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2) of CBSE, or its equivalent examination from any other recognized Board/ University. The minimum percentage of marks in qualifying examination required for admission to D.EL.ED is 50%. However, those candidates who have passed their qualifying examination with vocational subjects/ courses are not eligible for admission into D.EL.ED. For calculating percentage of marks of 10+2 examination conducted by CBSE, best 5 subjects including, at least one language, will be considered.
- • For other boards/ Universities, aggregate of marks in all the subjects in which he/she is required to pass for qualifying in Sr. Sec. Examination as per rules laid down by the concerned board will be considered for calculating percentage of marks.
- • Five percent relaxation of marks is allowed for candidates applying under the categories of Schedules Caste, OR Schedule Tribe OR Physically Handicapped only.
- The maximum age should not be more than 24 years at the time of admission.
- 5 years relaxation of age in upper limit is allowed for candidates applying under the categories of Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Physically Handicapped only.
- There is no lower age limit to the candidate of any category